Lovely

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

While I was blog-hopping I found this post, and thought it was sweet:
They told me
about
morning sickness, heartburn, and weight gain.
They didn't tell me about hearing the heart beat, seeing the ultrasound, or feeling her move.

They told me all their labor horror stories. They didn’t tell me that I’d be fine, and want to do it all over again. They told me how much sleep I’d lose. They didn’t tell me that I’d enjoy waking up because I had an excuse to hold her. They told me how I’d have to keep an eye on her at all times. They didn’t tell me that I wouldn’t be able to stop looking at her. They told me how frustrating it can be when she cries. They didn’t tell me how good it feels to comfort her and see her stop. They told me how draining it is to stay home all day everyday with your children. They didn’t tell me how hard it is to leave her when I go to work. They told me books to read, latest breaking news to watch, and all their opinions on raising a kid. They didn’t tell me that in the end I am the mom and know what’s best. They told me that my life would never be the same. They didn’t tell me that I would love the change. They told me that I would constantly screw up and my kids wouldn’t understand. But they didn’t tell me that becoming a mom would make me want to be just like mine.

No comments: