Lovely

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My sweet baby... A look back

I've been really horrible at writing anything about my pregnancy or about Iain's life so far. I've also been bad at blogging. So, I'm going to try and record everything that has happened the past year.
  • Okay last May, Brian and I were living in Texas because he was working for Pinnacle. While we were living in Texas we became friends with Brandon & Maryellen Hess and Rob & Britney Geddes. I'm so glad we became friends with them because I think that if we had not I would have gone crazy with boredom.
  • Brian and I added three kittens to our family. We named them Ginny, Rashia, and Tux. We could not keep them after we moved back to VA. They are now living in a three story brown stone in Washington DC, together. And I hear that they love to clime into the grand piano.
  • July 4th of last year, Brian did a MMA fight. I wasn't to thrilled about it, so I didn't watch it. (I couldn't bring my self to watch). And I'm glad that I didn't Brian kinda got hurt. It was an unfair match. The other guy was taller and he got to train, Brian's training partner always came up with reasons why he could not train. So, needless to say we didn't get to watch fireworks. I was taking care of my hurt husband. I kinda liked that he needed me to take care of him.
  • While the rest of the summer went to quickly. And we were on our way home. We left later than we had planned because I was sick. So, we kinda got stuck in a storm, Gustaf, just out side of Little Rock AK. Everything we brought to Texas got soaking wet that the next night we decided to get a motel (we stayed at a Knight Motel, I will never, I repeat NEVER stay at one again). Than the next morning we went to a laundry mat to wash and dry some clothes because we wanted some dry clothes to wear the rest of the way home.
  • Well, we got to Mananas safely with our three kittens. And all we wanted to do was take a hot bath and sleep. It had been a long drive. After we unloaded the truck, we were able to do just that.
  • About a two or so weeks later, I wasn't feeling all that great. I was always tired and listless. Just not feeling like myself. See the last 12 weeks, we had either been packing or traveling and I was stressed out, so I didn't really think about my cycle being off. Because I was still so listless I told my sister-in-law about me still being so tired and she suggested that we go and get a home pregnancy test. I said sure but there was no way that I could be pregnant. We went over to Bloom and picked up a home pregnancy test and than we went to her house, so I could take it in private. Well, within seconds it came out positive. I was shocked that I just started to cry. I could not believe that I was pregnant, this was not what we had planned. I came out o f the bathroom crying and Leslie know without me saying a word, she just put her arms around me and said that it would all be ok. We got back into her car and started to go back to her parents house but I needed a bit more time to let it sink in. So, we drove around for a bit. While we were driving I told Leslie that every time I got around one of her sisters when they were on their periods that weather or not I had just had mine I was bound to start it again. She thought that was funny and than said that there was no way I was getting that from her because she was pregnant. I just cried harder when she told me that.
Okay...more to come later.

No comments: