Lovely

Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Look Back Part 3

So, part 3 of a look back. I know what you are all thinking... Will this every end. The answer is no, I'm not doing this for you I'm writing this because I want to be able to look back and remember what it was like to be pregnant with my first child. After I'm done writing this I hope to be able to write about our first year together. But in between I'll throw in things that are current so in won't be so boring. ; ) Okay, so were was I... November right.
  • There was a wedding, 3 birthdays, Thanksgiving, and we found out that we might be having a boy but we would know for sure in January 2009.
  • Brian and I spend Thanksgiving with my family because it was going to be our last one while we lived in VA. And I want to take Christmas card pictures in my parents back yard because it is beautiful they way they have landscaped it. My younger sister, Shantell took the pictures for us. (We also went to Royal Lake to take some pictures). I thought that they came out very nice and I was so excited to be able to send Christmas cards out for the 2008 Holiday Season.
Okay now on to December...
  • Well, December is a very busy month in both our families. First of all my birthday is at the beginning of the month and than there are 4 more after that, two on the same day (17th), one on the 18th, and one on the 20th just five day till Christmas. (So, you see December is very busy) . On top of all the birthdays there is Hanukkah and Christmas. And I was very busy making Hanukkah and Christmas gifts that I spend so may hours croqueting and cross stitching that I don't think I could feel my hands for a week (just pins and needles).
  • On the 17th of December we went to my parents house to celebrate Hanukkah, my dad & Brian's, Eric's birthday, and to decorate the Christmas tree. My dad in Jewish, why we celebrate Hanukkah and my mom is Catholic. Brian and my dad have the same birthday and Eric, my sister's husband, his birthday in the 18th.
  • Brian also sold our truck because with a baby on the way we knew we would not be able to put a car sit in the middle back. The truck was only a 3 sitter. My parents said that they would give us their Ford Taurus.
  • Well Hanukkah and Christmas fall in the same week as all the birthdays. So, my mom decided that we would all get together and have cake and ice cream after we lite the Menorah. And after the candles brunt down we started to decorate the Christmas tree. It was a lot of fun. There are a lot of memories associated with those ornaments, all the family vacations, outings, and what not. I can't wait to decorate our Christmas tree with Iain and he gets his first ornament.
  • Well, on Brian's actual birthday we had cake and ice cream with his family and he opened gifts. Brian was extremely excited to get Guitar Hero and two guitars for his play station We got his mom to play Guitar Hero. (She does not like playing video games, she thinks they are a big waste of time). We got some funny pictures of Brian and Chris acting like they were pregnant. They decided to sit on the couch the way Leslie and I were. All of us were laughing so hard. (Our boys are going to laugh at this picture when they get older to understand that it's them in their mommy's stomachs).
  • Christmas was a lot of fun. We all got up early in the morning to open our presents and spend some time together before Brian and I went over to my parents house. Julie, my sister-in-law, made Leslie and I a beautiful plaque with poem on it.
Before you were conceived I wanted you Before you were born I loved you Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of love
Leslie and I both cried when we opened this. And we give Julie a big hug. This plaque is sitting on Iain's dresser.
  • After we all eat bunch Brian and I left for my parents house. It was fun to spend more time with my family. Well, as a gift to Brian and I my parents got us a car sit and stroller with Winnie the Pooh Bear for the baby. My parents are so excited to be grandparents and so are his parents.
  • Brian older brother Eric came to Virginia from Utah to spend New Years with Brian's family.
That brings us to January...
  • On the 12th of January at 3pm, my mom met Brian and I at my doctor's office to found out whether I was for sure having a boy or if I was going to have a girl. Well, we found and saw we were having a sweet baby boy. Brian and I didn't want to pick out a name till we saw what he looked like (we had three names picked Brian Arthur II or Iain Russel for a boy and Elizabeth Anne for a girl).
  • Okay to be honest I was a bit disappointed that I was not having a girl but now that Iain is here I seriously would not trade him for anything in this world.
Okay it's kinda late for me to try and remember any more I'll write more later.

No comments: