Lovely

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Look Back Part 6

Where was I, oh yeah the birth of our son...
  • While I was pushing she noticed that the cord was wrapped around his neck (one time). And I was getting tired. I had been put on oxygen because I almost passed out from pushing.
  • At 8:50pm, my doctor decided that she was going try and use a suction cup to get the baby's head to come out because I had been pushing for over an hour. Well, the suction cup didn't work because it popped off the baby's head and almost hit her in the face.
  • Well after that happened the doctor made a split second decision to do an episiotomy. Because the baby's heart beat dropped and Dr. Cisneros wanted him out to make sure he was okay.
  • When he came out he tore me. (So, not only did I get an episiotomy but I received a 3 degree tear because our son has a big head). ;)
  • Dr. Cisneros was shocked at how solid this little boy was because she said it looks like we are going to have a football player (a quarter back) on our hands.
  • Brian and I decided that the baby looked like me so we named him Iain Russel
  • So, at 8:55pm on the 23rd of April, Iain Russel Bott come into the world. Weighing in at 9lbs 4.5oz and was 21.75 inches long. Oh, yeah he also had a 15 inch head.
  • When the doctor heard the nurses say that he was over 9lbs she did a double take.
  • Oh, I almost forgot she than looked at me and said that the next time I have a baby she wasn't going to let me go passed my due date again because of how big he was.
  • One of the nurses that was in the delivery room asked Dr. Cisneros if it would be okay if I got another epidural shot. She said it would be fine. She thought it was a good idea because of the episiotomy and the tear (and she could see that I was in a lot of pain so she wanted to put me at ease while she was sawing me up).
  • I can't tell you what it was like to see Brian hold his son for the first time. I was so utterly happy that this man was the father of my son. It was very amazing to see my husband holding this new tiny baby in his arms. And the happiness that was on Brian's face while he was looking down at his son was quite the sight to behold.
  • After the doctor and nurses left the room (well Iain's nurse stayed in the room) Brian's dad Darrell and his brother Mark came to visit us at around 9:30pm. Darrell was so excited to hold Iain, Mark kept telling their dad that it was his turn to hold Iain. Darrell didn't want to let him go.
  • Iain's nurse took him to the nursery to get his first bath and to get some the newborn tests.
  • Darrell and Mark where there for about an hour. After they left I fell asleep. At 10minutes till 2am I was able to feel my legs. So that I was able to go to my room.
Well, I have to go take care of Iain I'll try and write some more later today. Maybe even post some pictures. We shall see.

No comments: