Lovely

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rain, Rain...Just wouldn't go away

Fourth of July week-end, we went camping at Flemming Gorge/ Iron Springs for the Wardle Family reunion. We left the Thursday before the 4th and drove to Utah. The whole time that we were there it rained and rained. On Saturday, it was raining so hard and it got so cold that it hailed. Yes, hailed...not a little but a whole lot. It collapsed our tent. Needless to say we packed everything up and left to come home. Most of our stuff got really wet. On the way home we stopped to watch fireworks along the road. I don't know where we were, except that we were somewhere in Colorado. Iain slept pretty much the whole way home and so did I. I almost wished that we had stayed home but than I think this was a lot of fun and seeing family and meeting more of Brian's extended family was really rewarding. ( I can't believe how many people there are on his mom's side of the family. Kinda overwhelming, at least for me). All in all a very wet 4th of July. Next year I hope it's not as wet. Will, post pictures of the flattened tent and Iain in his cute 4th of July outfit (it was his first 4th of July).

No comments: