Lovely

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A look back part 2

I was so tired last night that I could not write any more. So, a part two was a most for me. Where was I... I think somewhere in September 2008.
  • By the time I found out that I was pregnant, I was already in my 2nd trimester. As I said before I would never have thought that I was pregnant because I had had my period every month since July. (Oh yeah, I became pregnant on 11th of July 2008. Or so, my doctor says anyway).
  • After Leslie and I got back to Leslie's parents house, Brian was home from work. And I looked at him and asked if he would sit and talk to me on the pouch. Because I had something important to tell him. I sat down on the top step and told him"that sometime in April we would be welcoming a brand new member to our family. I know this isn't what we had planned but sometimes plans are useless. And Heavenly Father wants us to have this sweet spirit because he or she wants to come down to us now to bless our lives and family. I don't know what we are going to say to our families." Brian laid down on the pouch and started to cry (which started me crying again, boy would I have a head ache in the morning). He than gave me hugs and kisses and told me " that everything would be okay. And it doesn't matter what our families say about us being not ready to have a baby. That we would be just fine as long as we relied on our Heavenly Father. Because we know that this was what Heavenly Father has planned for all His children". Again with more crying, I sure was crying a lot, the whole pregnancy was making me a basket case. But it was sure worth it after all the emotional ups and downs.
  • We than went inside to tell his mom. I was not sure about her telling her I was pregnant (because Brian and I moved in so that we could save money to move out to Utah). We walked in the front door and said to Marlene that we would like to speak to her about something important. I began by saying, " Marlene, Brian and I are going to have a baby. I know that this is not what we planned but it is what it is and if you can't support the fact that we are having a baby than please don't say it out loud. Because I don't' think I could handle it right now."( Oh, did I mention that I was crying the whole time I was talking). Marlene, just looked at me and said that she was so happy that we were having a baby and he/she would be a blessing. and she was excited to be a grandma twice. She was curious when our baby was due, we told her that we thought that we were due in April but until we see a doctor we were not sure.
  • I than called my mom and told her the same thing that Brian and I told Marlene. My mom said she kinda thought that I might be. Because I few times over the summer I called her to just talk and told her that I was kinda dizzy and tired all the time. (Which I didn't think was to out of the normal for me because I do get dizzy easy). My mom said she just had a feeling about me being pregnant. She was super excited for us and said she and dad would support us. (She is so cute sometimes. When ever she told someone new that she was going to be a grandma she would do a little jig. You just have to smile).
  • We than called his dad (who was already in Colorado because of his job). And we called his brother and sister in Utah. We let Marlene tell her sisters and their children. Darrell did that same.
  • Well, on the 13th of September, Brian and I went to one of my old high school friends' wedding. Mallory Rodgers and William Tryon. They were married in Warsaw, VA at Belle Meade Vineyards. I had a few people come up to me and ask if I was pregnant. I tried not to say yes to them because we had decided that was wanted to wait till the 5th month before we told anyone. Well, there were two people at the wedding that I can't lie to. And when they asked I told them but please keep it quite till we were ready to spread word. And for the most part they did. On the way home from the wedding I called my sister, Jennifer and my brother, Patrick. (I had been calling for a week by this point and they just didn't pick up their phones. They were both really excited that we were having a baby and that they were going to be an aunt and uncle).
  • Well, there was one person that I tell everything. And that's my best friend, Allison Ayres. I called her the same night that we told our parents. She knew before I told my siblings (but not for a lack of trying to reach them).
  • Brian and I celebrate our first wedding anniversary on the 11th of October. (I can't believe that we have been married for a year and 10 months now, I love him more today than I did when we got married. I'm s glad that he is the father of our son, Iain). Anyway...We decided that we would go to the Maryland Renaissance Festival, it fall on our anniversary and we went with Allie and Teri (friends of mine from high school). We had a great time. I'm so glad that we got to go as a couple and with my two friends. This is also the day that our kittens went to their new home in DC. (I know that they are well taken care of and that they are well loved).
  • Brian and I got to hear our baby's heart beat for the first time. The look of wonder and joy on Brian's face was priceless. I will never forget his reaction. And of cause I cried (man I cry a lot). But it was so awe inspiring to hear our baby's heart beat. Some how hearing the baby's heart beat made this pregnancy more real and not a dream, at least for me. I didn't have morning sickness and I wasn't that far along that I was feeling him move a bunch. So hearing his heart beat was a sweet song and I knew that it was real and I was going to be a mommy to a sweet spirit. We were bringing this baby into our lives and we were the ones responsible for teaching him/her Heavenly Father's plan and everything else that he/she are going to need to know. But above all that we are going to teach him that we love him/her and he/she was very wanted and needed to make our family whole.
  • November, was a busy month for us. We got to see the baby for the first time, our first ultrasound was on the 5th of Nov. Marlene went with us. My doctor, Peter Bryce, said that it looks like the baby might be a boy but it was to early to tell but we would be able to tell at our next ultrasound in January whether it was going to be a boy or a girl. We also asked Dr. Bryce whether or not it was safe for me to fly to Florida for my sister, Jennifer's wedding. He said it would be safe for me to travel because I was having a normal pregnancy. We flew to Florida on the 6th. It was a beautiful wedding. Jen and Eric were so glad that we were able to be there to celebrate with them on their special day. They were married on the 8th at sunset on Eric's father's boat deck. The weather was so warm and perfect. (Brian got a lot of great pictures of their ceremony that their photographer didn't get). We flew back on the 9th, we left Florida at 8am and arrived back in Virginia at 11pm, for some reason we went from Florida to New York to Virginia (weird I know). Thanksgiving and 3 November birthdays were up next.
  • After Jenn's wedding reception we went back to the hotel and got ready for bed. Brian and I were snuggling while we read our scriptures, Brian felt the baby move for the first time. The look on Brian's face was priceless, almost like he was not sure that he actually felt the baby but than the baby moved again and he just knew that the baby was moving.
I'm tired now. I'll write some more tomorrow. So, I guess this is going to be a multi part update.

No comments: