Lovely

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Potty Training pit falls....

So we have been trying to get Iain interested in potty training but as far as we had gotten was him sitting fully clothed on his potty. We came to the conclusion that he just didn't like his potty seat so we went to Babies 'R" Us and let him pick one out that he liked. Well that still didn't get him sitting on it without his clothes on. A few weeks ago that changed and he asked to sit on his potty without his clothes and diaper. We were so very excited. He has been doing that for a few weeks now but he wont do anything while sitting on it. I've tried everything and still nothing. I'm at a lose as to how to get him to go on the potty. I seriously need advice and help with this.

1 comment:

J said...

Liam is exactly the same. Will sit on it, but won't go in it at all. Not sure if there's anything I can do other than keep trying. I was thinking about rewards like m&m's, but he would just get mad if I didn't give him any because he didn't go in the potty. I tired using a doll to show him what to do, he had no interest in copying the doll, although he did like to sit the doll on the potty himself. He doesn't mind having dirty diapers, so I just don't think he's motivated enough :(