Lovely

Friday, May 27, 2011

Hershey Park and train rides

Last week end we went to PA to visit Hershey Park and to go on a train ride. We left Friday night to drive up to PA. We stayed in Strasburg Pa at a Marriot (my parents wanted to stay in Hershey but all of the hotels were booked). Iain rode all the kiddie rides at the Park that he could go on. I've never seen my little boy have so much fun riding the kiddie rides he didn't want to get off. He would ask to get in line again just so he could continue to ride them. My parents and I wear he out so that he crashed in the stroller. So my parents and I walked around the park so that he could get a nap. We also went to chocolate world and bought chocolate and some other gifts for Iain and family. The next day we went on a train ride but before the train ride we went to a toy train museums. I was impressed by the shire number of toy trains that there are out there. Iain and my dad were in heaven while we were there. After we left the toy train museum we went to the train station to board our train. Iain's little face just lit up like a Christmas tree and his beautiful blue eyes got so big when he realized that Gram, Pop Pop, and Mommy were taking him on a real train. We had lunch on the train. Iain gave our tickets to the conductor. I was so excited that he was telling every one that would listen that he was on a choo-choo train. He loved to hear the train whistle and would laugh in delight whenever he heard it. There was a photographer that came around and let Iain wear a conductors hat for our picture. After we disembarked from the train we went to the train museum across the street. At that museum there were interactive stations that kids could actually try out how to shovel coal into the fire box, push buttons on the dash board of a train, and make the whistle sound off. After riding the train and playing at the museum he crashed on the drive back to my parents house.

No comments: