Lovely

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Made it to VA...And the angels I meet on the way...

Well I woke up at 3:15am to finish last minute packing before we headed to the airport. I woke Iain up at 3:30am so that he could wake up Grandpa. We got on our way at quarter till 4am. Iain and I got to the airport at quarter after 4am. I was able to get through TSA rather quickly. There was a lady right behind me in line while we were in line with TSA who helped me get everything out of my carry ons and folding the stroller. I'm so grateful for the angels that Heavenly Father sends to me in places like this. Iain and I got to our gate with 45minutes to spare. While we were on the breeze way (well at the end of it) I was trying to get the stroller folded up so I could get Iain and I on the plane so we could get some seats. But I was struggling with folding the stroller and Iain was making a bee line for the door of the plane. One of the co-pilots saw what was happening and asked me if I thought Iain would like to see the cockpit. I told him that Iain would love that and that would make his day. I asked him if I should wait for him, the gentleman said that they would bring him to me at my sit. One of the stewardess's brought Iain back to me and about 5minutes later the co-pilot came up to me and said that this was a bit unorthodox but he took some pictures of Iain on his phone and would like my e-mail and/or number so he could send them to me, but he was unsure if he could get them to send because he had just gotten his phone and was unsure how it worked. I of cause gave him the information that he asked for. (And after we landed I got 2 text messages from a number I didn't know but it was 2 pictures of Iain sitting in the cockpit. I was thrilled that this man was willing to one take a little boy into the cockpit while I finished folding the stroller and two was thoughtful enough to take pictures of a little boy how was over the moon to be flying on a plane and send them to his mother as a sweet reminder of his excitement to be flying. Iain was bouncing in his seat the entire time and claiming all over me (pretty sure I'm going to have more busies on my hips and legs. It's not the first time and I know it won't be the last). We landed at Midway airport and had an 1.5 hours till we boarded our connecting plane to IAD. I changed Iain out of his pjs and into comfortable clothes and his harness (child leash) just so I wouldn't lose him in the airport (my boy knows how to get out of his seatbelt in the stroller). During this leg of our flight Iain watched Disney's Peter Pan and stayed in his seat the entire time. (Oh did I say that Iain had yet to fall a sleep). After we landed we headed to baggage claim. We passed Trace Atkins (way cool and no I didn't stop and get a picture but he said hi to Iain and told me Iain was a cute little boy. And that just made my day. I'm going to count that as another angel). I saw my brother PJ, we than got my suitcases and headed out to my mom. Iain fall a sleep in the van. So we drove around a little bit. Mom wanted to show me the new buildings on GMU's campus. Holy moly there is so much new construction on campus it doesn't look the same to me.

2 comments:

J said...

That is so cool! (about the cockpit) I am jealous!!! But actually, I also got a lot of help from strangers while travelling with Liam, people can be surprisingly nice!

Abby said...

What a blessing to have so many people help you along the way :) I'm jealous you are already in VA; we won't be there for a couple more weeks! Enjoy!