Lovely

Friday, October 22, 2010

We are both ready to see if we can do this whole parenting thing with out any help from his family. The whole time that Iain has been apart of our family we have lived with his parents and they have helped with the day to day stuff or just giving me time to shower/eat/or get ready for the day or just taken him because I would need to get away from him for a minute. Iain has never been able to entertain himself while mommy cooked dinner because someone is always willing to keep him occupied and happy. So when we finally get Brian's orders and are stationed out of state it will be adjustment for all of us. I won't have all the adult conversation that I do now. I'll have to figure out how to shower and get ready for the day before Iain wake up or do it while he is awake just in a shorter amount of time. So once we aren't living here anymore I'm sure I'm going to go a little bit crazy from all the adjustments that all of us are going to have to make. I don't know if I'm up for the challenge but I'm sure going to give it my all. I'll just have to open up to people in whatever ward we live in and get to know the other Army wives to have some type of support system. And brag my best friends to come out to visit me when I need a pick me up. (Who knows I actually might use all 700minutes on our cell phone plan). This should be quite the adventure for all of us.

2 comments:

Mer said...

You can do it, hun. You are SO up for the challenge. I learned how to shower right before bed, and get dressed during a 15 minute episode of Curious George. Once they're toddlers, at lot of it is learning how to have them work WITH you. You can start now by having him play next to you, reading books in the kitchen, or give him a bowl and a spoon and some dried beans to "stir" while you make dinner. IF you start that now, it won't be such an adjustment later when you're already trying to deal with a new place and a new job.

It's always an adjustment, but you'll have a great ward and an FRG (Family Readiness Group -- it's like Relief Society for the Army. Every unit has one) to help you. That's TWO build in support networks. And you can always drop me a line. You are going to be a STELLAR army wife.

Shaelyn said...

You are such a friendly person that I am sure you will meet new people fast and become great friends with many-- wherever the Lord decides to put your family.
Good luck in all you do!!