Lovely

Saturday, October 16, 2010

My baby talks...

So sometimes when I don't expect it Iain says something. The other day while I was cooking dinner Iain was helping his Aunt Leslie clean up his cousins mess from his dinner. After it was all cleaned up Leslie said that it was all clean and she got up from the floor. While Iain shrugs his shoulders (his hands up held to the side of his body palms toward the ceiling) and says "All done" in a sweet voice. Leslie turns to me and asks if that was Iain who said that. I told her it wasn't Gabe (Gabe is louder than Iain in pretty much every way). Gabe is also alot more vocal than Iain. Iain has just started .to use his voice to talk but most of the time he doesn't say anything (just really quite). So it amazes everyone when he says anything. A few people are worried that he isn't talking. But Brian and I know that Iain will talk when he is ready right now he is quite happy pointing at things till he gets it. Or grabbing someones hand and taking them to the object that he wants that he can't get. Or just plain going and getting it himself. I'm sure that he'll talk when he has something to say. But for the moment this has worked for him.

No comments: