Lovely

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How are your New Years resolutions coming along...

Mine are coming along okay. There are definitely areas that I need to work on that I've been kinda pushing to the back of my mind (and list). Okay here is my list again...
  • Losing the baby weight that I gained with Iain. (I've lost 5lbs, yeah me).
  • Exercising for 30 plus minutes a day. (Every other day I will for an hour).
  • Taking Iain out side to play and/or taking him for a walk every day. (If the weather here in CO would stop going from 70 to snowing on any given day I would be more willing to go out side more).
  • Eating healthier. (I've been using for vegetables more and trying to only make enough that everyone only gets one serving. Meaning no left overs)
  • Reading to Iain more each day and singing to him more. (Yup).
  • Take pictures each day so that I can make a picture journal for Iain. (About once a week).
  • Make Iain a Alphabet book of pictures and phases that is just his. (Haven't even started this one yet).
  • Getting into shape so that when we are ready for another baby I won't have to put off getting pregnant till I was. (Been working on this one).
  • Letting what people say roll of my back instead of taking it to heart and getting hurt. (Okay I haven't started this one yet).
  • Taking time each day to do something just for me. (Not every day but about once a week).
  • Taking time each day to spend with my husband without Iain there. (Once every week or so).
  • Calling those people that mean the most to me once a week. (Working progress).
  • Writing letters once a week and sending cards to people that I don't get to see all that often. (Nope not yet).
  • Doing my visit teaching every month even if my companion is not able to. ( I'm 2 for 3. I have made appointments so it will be 3 for 3).
  • Trying and not complain about things to much. (Work in progress).
  • Post something to our blog and write in my journal every day. (Work in progress as you can plainly read).
  • Work on my family history. (Still haven't picked this back up. Maybe by June or July).
  • Do my family temple work. (Hopefully sometime in September. If I can get the history done).
  • Attend the temple with Brian at least once a month. (Maybe once a week, that would be great). ( A work in progress. We have temple dates set up and a baby sitter already, we just have to go).
  • Finish craft projects that I started in 2008 and 2009. And maybe start some new ones this year and finish them during the year. (Working in this).
  • Spend more time as a family. Doing things with just Brian, Iain, and I. (A work in progress. It's kinda hard when Brian is out looking for a job and practicing the French Horn).
I am working on these things but I fall a little short at times and don't have the energy at times but at least this year I'm trying to keep my New Years Resolutions.

No comments: