Lovely

Friday, March 18, 2011

Sleep Training

When did you moms out there sleep train your babies/kids? I know I waited to start sleep training Iain really late (I mean he is going to be 2 years old next month) but I just couldn't bring my self to let him cry it out. But I hate to hear him cry. So I've been letting him cry it out since last Sunday. I'm glad that my sister-in-law and her husband pushed my hand and started to sleep train him during his nap (they had brought him home early from church he had a cold so I didn't want him to go to nursery and his uncle Mark was giving his last talk before he leaves for the MTC (he is going to be sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ for 2 years in the Washington DC North Mission). So for the all of this week I've been putting him to bed and leaving the room. Iain cries for less than 5 minutes and that is while I'm still in the room. Once I'm gone he stops crying and settles down to sleep.

1 comment:

Brandon and Maryellen said...

We let Abby cry it out at six months. She was up until then every couple hours every night so the doctor advised us to start sleep training. It only took a couple of nights for her to fall right asleep and ever since she sleeps 10-12 hours a night. Good luck with Iain! I know how hard it is to hear them cry.