Lovely

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

August 25th

So on the 25th at 8:30pm I told Brian that I needed to go to the ER. Off and on the week before I would experience pain just under my right breast that would feel like some thing was stabbing me and I would feel it all the way around my chest (my back and down into my hips and legs). But it would only last a few minutes and go away. I would experience this once or twice a day until the evening of the 25th at 6pm. The pain continued for a week and half after I left the ER. So as I said we got there at around 8:30pm, they started some tests and than made me wait in the waiting room till 2am, at which time I was finally in a bed waiting to see a doctor. But before that Iain was so over tired and I was in so much pain that I asked Brian for a priesthood blessing. So he called the only person that we had there phone number. It was 11pm. And the brother came and they gave me a blessing. After the blessing the brother asked if their was anything that he could do for us. When we couldn't think of anything he asked if he could take Iain to his house so that he could get some sleep. And we could pick him up after we were discharged from the hospital. So after he left with Iain. Brian and I waited to for forever. After we finally got into a bed we didn't see a doctor till 8am. Meanwhile I hadn't eaten since dinner the night before and I hadn't been given anything for my pain. So at 8:30am the doctor came in to examine me. He ordered an ultrasound. And also ordered morphine. The ultrasound showed that my gallbladder was inflamed and the opening looked to small. So the doctor started talking about gallbladder surgery. Which made me freak out a little bit. The nurse came in to give me the morphine (.05) I was in lala land faster than you can say well fast. I fall a sleep. So surgery was out ruled and I was discharged at 11am. 15 hours in the ER. And on my discharge papers it said "you came in with acute abdominal pain, the cause of your pain is unknown." So that was the worst day that I have had since we moved to Texas.

No comments: