Lovely

Sunday, April 3, 2011

My soldier graduated from basic training

So my in-laws and I drove to OK to see Brian. Family Day was March 31st at Fort Sill. So Wednesday morning early (really early). I stayed up late the night before to finish packing for our trip. But I made to much noise in our room and woke Iain up so I ended up getting into bed and getting Iain back down to sleep. So I set my alarm for 3:45am and that's when I finished packing. But At 4:30am Iain woke up and wanted to build a train with the blocks. So I let him build while took a shower and packed. I was all ready to go by quarter till 6am (it was 'o' dark hundred. And getting up that early remained me of when I was still in high school). By the time we had the car packed and ready to go it was quarter till 7am. But by the time we got on the road in was 15minutes till 8am (and my mother-in-law wanted to be on the road no later than 6am because we had a 13+ hour drive ahead of us). But we finally got on our way. Iain stayed awoke till 10:30am. Iain was amazing on the drive out (except when we were 30minutes from the hotel. Iain kept saying "me done", "all done", "home now" and "push". He was super excited to see Daddy. And thought that we were going to see him at the hotel. And was disappointed that daddy wasn't waiting for us in the room. When we got to the hotel I gave Iain a bath (because we had to get up and be ready to go eat and be on base before 7:30am). But I stayed up late trying load music so I could sync it to the Ipod.

No comments: