Lovely

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Brian's Gone Away

First of all I would like to say sorry for being gone for so long. We traveled to VA and UT over the holidays. And than there are so many birthdays in December, that we have been super busy. I'll post about our travels, holidays, and birthdays later. So getting to what the title says this is about. This past Monday we dropped Brian off at the hotel before he reported to basic. Brian had to go back to M.E.P.S. Tuesday morning. So we had to say our good byes the night before. I tried not to cry while I was telling him good bye (because its makes him feel bad and I wanted him to not feel that way) but it soo didn't happen the way I had hoped. I cried like a baby (my emotions are all over the place right now). I am so proud of him and what he is doing for our family it was just hard to let him go (its only for 6months and than we'll together again. Iain was being kept busy by grandpa that I don't think it's set in for him that daddy's gone away. Brian found out at M.E.P.S. that he was flying out this morning to go to Fort Sill in Oklahoma. And a little while ago he called to say that he landed in Oklahoma safely now he was waiting for the bus (it's not coming till 6pm). So he is officially at basic for the next little while. At least we are one step closer to being on our own. But for the time being I'm both mother and father to Iain (keep me in your prayers). Right now so that I don't have to think about Brian being gone I'm keeping myself really really busy. I don't cry unless someone asks me how I'm doing and I haven't cried in front of Iain (yet) let's hope that I don't. I doing just fine. At least I'm here at his parents house when its all familiar to Iain and I (and not in another state all alone) I have people that are willing to help out when things get hard. I know that Brian is safe and sound. Please keep him in your prayers while he is at basic. I'll try and keep this blog updated more often.

No comments: