Lovely

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Update...Its been a while I know.

Lets see... Where to start.
  • I know it's June already and I haven't been heard from in over a month. Life has been hectic to say the least.
  • First off, Julie (my sister-in-law) got married to her sweetheart, Dusty, on May 15th, in the Salt Lake LDS Temple for time and all eternity. Brian and I couldn't be happier for the both of them.
  • The day we flow out from Denver. We stayed up all night packing and cleaning. I checked my e-mail it from the US Airways. And it said that our flight was leaving on time at 6am. But at midnight Brian got a text from them sating it was leaving at 6:58am. So we deiced to leave a little later than our original 4:30am (we left at 5:30am). Well since they delayed our flight getting through checking was a nightmare. The employees were splitting all the passengers into two lines, all the passengers that were supposed to be on the flight that was originally leaving at 6am were in one line and everyone else in the other. The other line was moving alot faster than ours (and there plane wasn't taking off till 9:30am and ours was leaving at 7:15am).We found out that the reason for our flight being delayed was for a mandatory layover for the pilots, total crap if you ask me. Well by the time we got up to the check in counter we decided to check both of our bags to make it easier to get through TSA. (Our second bag at the extra formula and food for Iain in it. So checking it wasn't made easily. but we knew it would make it a ton easier to get to our gate). It took us an hour and 45 minutes to get to check in and get our boarding passes. Than it took us till 7am to get through TSA. And all we had was a back pack and diaper bag (while a stroller too) but there were so many people that were trying to get to their gates. After we were through with TSA it took us 10minutes to get to our gate (and that was only because we ran the whole way). When we got to our gate the employee asked us if we were 'Mr. & Mrs. Bott', we said that we were we than asked if we could please board. She said no we could not. Because the plane was about to take off. We could still see people on the gangplank (breeze way). She didn't give us an explanation as to way we couldn't board just the answer of no. I was in tears at this point that I just broke down right there. Brian went to see if he could get us on another flight and I called my mom. I told her we couldn't get on our flight (also told about the e-mail, phone call, and text that we had gotten and everything that had happened at check in). My mom wasn't to happy with what had happened but was glad that Brian was trying to get us on another flight. All in all that day was a day I hope never to repeat.

No comments: